The Engey lighthouse. A lantern was installed in Engey Island in 1870 and lighted when postal
vessels were expected. The Reykjavík Harbour Fund was in charge of the installment and maintenance. In 1902 a small lighthouse was built in Engey, replacing the lantern. In 1937 a concrete lighthouse was erected in the island and was fitted with a 500 mm lens and gaslight equipment. It was powered with electricity in 1963. The lighthouse is a quadrilateral 5,5 m high tower with a 3,5 m high Swedish lantern. Originally the lighthosue was white with a vertical red stripe in the middle of the wall but was later painted yellow.
The Kálfshamar lighthouse. In 1913 a lighthouse was built at Kálfshamarsnes in the northwest of Iceland. It consisted of a Norwegian lantern of cast iron on a concrete plate. A new lighthouse was built at Kálfshamarsnes in 1940. It was taken into use in 1942 and fitted with a 500 mm lens and gaslight equipment. In 1973 it was powered with electricity. The Kálfshamar lighthouse is a concrete quadrilateral tower 16,3 m high on a low foundation. The tower walls have inlaid vertical stripes with a crucifix moulded in the surface over the entrance. The walls are plated with light quartz and the inlaid stripes with obsidian.